This year there are only 3 weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas, so after the leftovers are gone it’s time to think about that impending holiday party. Use our handy checklist to make sure you have everything you need to make it as stress free as possible!
- Tables- are you going to have seating? Just need buffet tables? Want to encourage mingling? We have round tables, banquet tables and cocktail tables.
- Linens- we have lots of fun holiday colors to brighten your party. Sick of red and green? Why not go with silver and blue or keep it simple and go with all white with some silver accents.
- Napkins- napkins are a great way to dress up your party for minimal cost.
- Dishware, glassware, flatware- we have lots of dishware, glassware and flatware to keep your dishwasher free.
- Chafers- we have several different styles and sizes to accommodate your needs.
- Serving utensils and platters- we have several different styles and sizes to choose from.
- Water pitchers and drink dispensers- punch bowls are also available for the holiday ‘nog!
- Coffee maker- Brrrrrrr! It’s cold outside! Keep your guests warm with coffee or get a samovar to make hot cocoa or cider!
- Chairs- We offer several different styles of chairs.
- Trash cans- this item is always overlooked. It’s helpful to have at least one large trashcan so that your kitchen one is not filled in an hour.
For those holiday parties at home- remember to look at your space. Often, we think something will fit and it ends up being crowded. Maybe just set up a couple small seating areas and then do a few cocktail tables so your guests can mingle freely and still have a place to set their cup or plate. We also recommend having a plan for parking and putting that on your invitation so that your guests are not frustrated trying to find parking.
For the little guests- we have children sized tables and chairs, many of my clients will have a craft for the kids to do to keep them entertained. Or get a bucket of crayons and a roll of paper and have the kids draw out a winter wonderland!
I hope these little tips have helped!
Lauren “Life is a banquet and most poor fools are starving to death!”- Auntie Mame